Monday, February 21, 2011

Anti Inflammatory Recipe - Big Curry Noodle Pot

This week's menu planning is underway... I have my 3 ring binder out and my notepad, jotting down ideas & then will stick days to meals once I see the calendar's activities for the week.

One night this week the Cox's will be having a "Big Curry Noodle Pot" made with Rice noodles (for our GF palates). Curry powder contains many powerful antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds. Curry is an assortment of spices mostly made from Tumeric. Tumeric is a member of the ginger family & has natural anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti-tumor, and anti-amyloid properties. (Wow, I have to look for more recipes with tumeric!!!)
This recipe comes from SUPER NATURAL COOKING - in the "Cooking by Color" section (kind of a cool way to sort a cookbook!). I have gotten some really yummy recipes from this book (thank you local public library!).

We Heart Food put it on their site, so I didnt need to scan it for you :) Noodles, tofu, and onions swimming in a rich, creamy coconut curry broth. Just the right amount of spice, and a garnish of cilantro and shallots provide nice color contrast to the yellow broth.

Click HERE for the printable recipe: http://www.weheartfood.com/2009/11/big-curry-noodle-pot.html/print/

2 comments:

Christina said...

FYI The whole ginger family is also a well-loved anti-nausea agent! I have that on good authority. :)
~Christina

Natalie said...

I've been looking for a recipe like this for years...one that is very much like a tofu curry soup at local Vietnamese restaurant. I made it a few days ago and it's great! Thank you for posting it! Too bad my daughter wouldn't try it.