Thursday, September 30, 2010

How To Write a Book

Attending fabulous events like the RACE FOR CARRA, always gets the kids asking very thought provoking questions about childhood arthritis.
Last weekend we had some super great kids who wanted to know more & I got an email from one mom who said her 4th grader was asking some pretty inquisitive questions about the disease.
About a year ago, I got to speak to a girls soccer team, they were about 12 & 13 years old. They asked questions like, "How do you know if someone has arthritis?"

Questions about childhood arthritis have inspired me.

I have described to Charlotte's sisters with visual pictures, how the disease works in Charlotte's body so they can have a picture in their head & understand the miscommunication going on in the body & the arthritis affects on the joints.
After this weekend... I've been inspired to get out that pen & paper. I would like kids to understand in a simplified way of how rheumatoid arthritis affrects the children that they have met, including Charlotte.
So I will scratch out my thoughts on paper, transcribe them to the computer & then what? Google "How To Write A Book?" Hmmm.... The search is on... Help?

4 comments:

Lisa Wheeler Milton said...

That is awesome, Erika. I think you are so right to take this on. I imagine many adults don't even understand these things...

Can't wait to hear what you come up with.

Amy Cunningham said...

ERIKA!!!! I have goose bumps! What an amazing idea! I truly hope that you do write this book. And if you do, let me know because I want to buy in BULK!

Laura said...

I second the buy in bulk comment!! You go girl!! Bring-it-on!!!!

Team Houston said...

DO IT!! It will be GREAT. We will buy :)

xoxo