Friday, March 27, 2009
Monday, March 23, 2009
Ryan playing bingo with Charlotte & Ellie & our friends: Katrina & Kendra
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Here's my 2009 drugstore run (sorted by brand so its easy to find at Target or Walgreens!):
+ Lipstick: Revolon Super Lustrous
- I am lipgloss girl myself, but I have a family wedding in May that's an evening one that might require a step up from my usual gloss:) I am going to look for a shade in rose, for that "just bit my lip" look. Not to be confused with "I ate too fast & totally just bit my tongue" look. Not cute.
+ Eye Shadow: Paris HIP Powder
- I am always looking for the nudes for everyday wear... Like to switch them out once in awhile.
+ Concealor: Erace cover up
- I used this around my nose, until i get the "zap out" w/ lasers... will give this a test drive.
+ Rosacea Treatment: Redness Relief SPF 15
+ Night Cream: Redness Relief
- hence the above mentioned red around my nose... :( its hereditary, so thanks uncle oscar (heard he had a big ole rosacea nose, I wont let it get to that point, believe me!)
+ Sport Sunscreen: Continueas Spray SPF 70
- I used this last year, its fab, just a reminder to myself to pick up a new couple of bottles for the season ahead!
And here's my more extensive shopping list....
+ Brow Filler (evidently we can only get this in 2 stores in our area - PRODUCT @ Bridgeport).
- Brows are my struggling dilemna... i would love to find a product for my brows that I cant live without. Maybe this?!
+ Exfoliator: Clarins one-step gentle cleanser.
- I usually cant use these yummy smelling things due to my sensitivity in my skin & so i am a faithful user of Sonja Dakar (The Skin Problem Specialists), but my Sonja Dakar organic scrub stings my face & I am going to take a guess that 'stinging' isnt what you WANT to have happening during an exfolliation. And not the good kind of stinging (is there a good kind of stinging?! Does that go with my "just bit my lip" look?).
+ Round Brush: G5 - they liked this one.
- I have the written-up Mason Pearson POPULAR brush (My sweet friend Darcy got that for me, its my FAVE & I have had it now for 5+ years!) - so now i am curious about this round brush that has similar bristles as the POPULAR.
Alright that's my shopping list.... Did anything catch your eye in this years recco's? Does Allure do the same yearly write up? I am toying with getting a subscription to that this year...???
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
I bet Miss Particular would have loved the feel and the warmth of Bucky's kid-friendly toy:
Warm in the microwave or chill in the freezer as the owie demands. Comfortable embroidered covers of super-soft, sustainable bamboo terrycloth. Premium whole buckwheat seed filling. Machine washable cover. Size: 6" x 6"
This is a GREAT toy/helper if you have a child who has leg pains in the middle of the night, had a long day of soccer & is sore at the end of the evening - any of those scenarios that you can imagine where they say "Mom, my leg hurts" or "Mom, my ankle hurts." Great idea Bucky!
AND PS - they are 20% off right now - making each little warmup/cooldown toy under $10!!
I love Bucky products - They are a Seattle company. Ever since I listened to Martha Stewart on her radio show talk the disgust of pillows & what grows & lurks in their moist, unwashed spaces, I have slept with their Duo Bed Pillow of buckwheat & millet. I went with the duo because air is able to ciruclate in the buckwheat & millet, keeping it germ free AND I can wash it! Its the most comfortable thing ever & when space allows in my suitcase, it travels with me too! Check them out!
Thursday, March 5, 2009
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
When I called on Monday to find out our time that we can get in (I always call that week to see if we can get in earlier than our 1230 scheduled), they gave me some great news about the Tottie's Pretties STRETCHY bands that we donated last month in a promotion with our fans!