Saturday, December 5, 2009

Jingle Bell Run 09

Its time!!! The bells are being put on the laces.... we are pulling out the long underwear layers... its gonna be a cold one this Jingle Bell Run!
We love this run! Its the best way to start the Holiday Season!
Charlotte is pumped to run the 1K with her sisters (1st ever!).
And the sisters... they are proud of her, you can hear it in their voices.
Emma: "I'm going to run with you the whole time, ok? We can hold hands if you want!"
Ellie: "You're going to love it Tot! Santa will be at the end waiting for us & will give you a candy cane!"

This is the 2008 billboard around town. So the date for 2009 is Sunday, December 6th.
Its supposed to be one of the coldest days ever tomorrow. But its dry & sunny!! We've had it all these past 3 Jingle Bell Runs. My one love: DRY!!!
We have a great team this year, with some folks joining Charlotte in "firsts": We have our friends running their first ever 5k!! Emma & Ellie have 6 friends coming out to run as well as their teachers! It's going to be a Jingly Celebration!!!

Arthritis Foundation is the largest private, not-for-profit contributor to arthritis research in the world & advocates for research, public health, & public policy. We are proud supporters of this organization & what they are doing to help Charlotte!

3 comments:

Lisa Wheeler Milton said...

I'm so sorry we are missing it this morning. Love to you all. :)

Lesli said...

Sounds like fun.. I wish we had something like that here!! I also wanted to tell you to check out a article I have posted on my blog called "Welcome to Holland", please read it, I think you will AGREE with it! Let me know what you think. (the link is below)

Lesli

http://lesli-onedayatatime.blogspot.com/2009/12/welcome-to-holland.html

Lesli said...

Erica, I just emailed something to you. There is a young man that is running across the U.S to raise money for the Arthritis Association, more specifically for JRA. He has a website and a blog, I thought you would like to read it. I plan on posting about it on my blog and making a donation for him. They are asking others to share their JRA story, he would like to wear a name of a JRA child on his shirt every day.