Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Where does the time go?

I know, I have been hearing it lately! "Why isnt the blog updated, what's going on wtih Charlotte? Where have YOU been?!"

1. It hasnt been updated because I am trying to simplify daily living & that means some days the computer does not get turned on (becaues I know my weaknesses and its called blog & facebook & CNN! & its like a timesuck, before I know it children are eating out of Skippy Jars, and dirty diapers are all over the house.... TEE HEE! Just kidding :) There's no skippy bought here & no one is in diapers!). Simply living has meant also going through "stuff" realizing what we dont NEED, what we need to get rid of and living within a budget. Big Sigh... all takes time! And we are continuing to work on it this month....

2. Charlotte has her eye appt today. We are up this morning at 4am becaues I think she has another ear infection. We both came down with head colds this weekend after turkey day. :(

Charlotte: "I need to see Dr. Schunk (pediatrician). He needs to fix my ear."
Me: "That means the pink medicine. Right? You ok with that?"
Charlotte: "Ya, I need it to fix my ear."

Remicade December will happen next week. The eye appt is today (every 4 weeks before remicade to make sure remicade is holding it).

Remicade Novemeber was my 1st jaunt as a single parent. My mom came to help (yay!) & it was Charlotte's 1st time w/out benedryl & it made a WORLD OF DIFFERENCE! She was a completely different girl! Nice, talking, playing all morning long!

3. Where have I BEEN?! Well gosh...Here, there & everywhere I guess :) After the last post of football saturday, Ryan & I left for Costa Rica for a week without the girls & puppy. it was a good little adventure but we sure missed the girls BIG time. We came home just in time for turkey day which was YUMMMMEEE & my little "what can i do to help cards" worked FABULOUSLY! I am now whipping out some Tottie's Pretties just in time for the big Camas 1st Friday! There will be a tree lighting ceremony & I hope that the community is out that night!
These boys were NOT in Costa Rica with us - this was the last Beaver home football game against the University of Oregon where the Beavers LOST & lost their hopes & dreams to go to the Rose Bowl. Its still too sensitive to talk about :) Ryan with his fraternity brothers:What's next?
Sunday is the Arthritis Foundation Jingle Bell Run! Charlotte is a grand marshall so I hope to have the amoxicillan kicking in by then :) TOTTIES TEAM is almost complete & we will have a fun group with us this year. I am excited to see her run the kids 1k w/ Emma & Ellie & with all her grandparents there, her aunt/uncle & friends, its going to be a very fun morning (And think DRY! Dry makes all the difference!!) :)

1 comment:

Lisa Milton said...

You have been on the go. Sure have missed you.

Hopefully you will fix up that ear lickety split and the eye appointment reaffirms good news.

:)

See you soon.