Today's appointment with her pediatric ophthalmologist was another thumbs up of recovery. The flare is gone - we are back down to ZERO trace in each eye. So a mutual decision was made to lower the pred forte drops to 2x a day till we see her in 3 weeks!
We also made a quick visit to the pediatricians for a blood draw & urine sample. At the last remicade treatment, her liver wasnt looking good, so we stopped the methotrexate for a week & will wait for the results of today's labs to see if we skip another week of mtx.
The Momma Gut says: The virus whacked her whole system out. For two weeks she was not "right" for what "right" is for Charlotte. The eyes flared, the liver levels arent good. Now CHECK, eyes are back under control, so its time for CHECK, the liver to be under control & for us to stay on our current medical cocktail of weekly MTX & monthly remicade & continue to taper & be finally RID of the Pred Forte. And seeing the pediatric ophthalmologist less would be nice too :)