Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Tuesday's Game

  • 1. Pick up the nearest book.
  • 2. Open to page 123.
  • 3. Find the fifth sentence.
  • 4. Post the next three sentences.
  • 5. Tag five people, and acknowledge who tagged you.
What's Love Got To Do With It
Talking with Your Kids about Sex
by John Chirban, forward by Dr. Phil McGraw

(are they normal - ages 12-21) I have not read this far "ahead" because this does not apply to me yet :) and ya... typing this out is way over my head. I gotta grow with the girls & learn at the same pace w/ them :)
As love & sex may be confused in adolescent minds, clarifying different forms of love & helping your child understand the responsibilities & benefits of these different forms will be useful.
What can I expect of my adolescent?
Ages 12-14
- Is informed about sexual functions, sexual problems & the meanings of intimacy & love.
- Develops a healthy acceptance of his or her body.
- Overcomes guilt, shame & fears associated with sex.

So I got this book because it has helpful guidance to help me know when, how & how much @ each age. Obviously I wouldnt have read page 123 as it doesnt apply to my sitch of 7 & below, but I am being proactive, havent had too many questions about this stuff yet.

1 comment:

Lisa Milton said...

I think it's great you are thinking ahead. So many parents wait and wait.

(I'm taking the matter of fact approach as questions come up. It seems to be working so far. And with puberty hitting earlier and earlier, there's no better time to chat.)