Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Pumpkin's a vegetable, right?

My eldest daughter, the sweet girl that she is, has very peculiar taste buds. She wont touch a hot dog, or any meat for that matter. Peanut butter & jelly, forget it.

But Gustav's swiss cheese & white wine fondue!? By the bucket!
And pumpkin - anything pumpkin! Pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin pie of course!

So when at New Seasons today I saw this: Pumpkin Butter! Can I tell you that when I showed it to her today, she about thought she'd gone to heaven?! "Can I have some toast? Can I just put a spoon in it?" Ta, ta, ta, I am waiting till i buy bagels (tomorrow) :) You musnt spoil the pumpkin butter before its time.

I am just hoping that its qualifying for a vegetable. A little sugar never hurt anyone right? Made in Hood River, OR (home to many apple & pear trees & the gorge & windsurfing):

Pumpkin Butter - Earthy Northwest grown pumpkins and the sweet spices of cinnamon, clove, and cardamom give this classic its irresistible flavor.

Now my new find today that IS totally legit - is the Clif Kid Twisted Fruit - better than the fruit leather I buy / each "twisted fruit" is = to one fruit serving. THESE TASTE LIKE CANDY! And here's the ingredients: Organic Apple Puree, Organic Apple Juice Concentrate, Malic Acid, Organic Flavors, Pectin, Colored With Fruit And Vegetable Juice. I just bought a box of 18 online (make that two because 5 of these were eaten tonight & I just put another one in her lunchbox for tomorrow). I am HIGHLY recommending - I will be chowin' on these!!!! So yummmm!

2 comments:

Lori said...

I'm with her, I'd take fondue over PBJ anyday! And pumpkin...that's yummy (but reminds me of fall, my favorite season!).

Lisa Milton said...

I'm pumpkin obsessed, ate more pumpkin while I was pregnant than should be lawful.

(MMMmmm, pumpkin butter...)