Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mommy Docs

Since Charlotte has a 101 temperature tonight & is complaining her ear hurts (AND hallucinating that she sees BEES & SPIDERS everywhere - freaky!), I have doctors & diagnosis on the brain. No pause for Mother's Day, no day off of worrying.... 101 temperature might be ok for everyone else, but I am starting to wonder with a child who has Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis, when do you REALLY worry? Its a question I will ask at our next infusion, but I have put a call into the emergency nurse just in case. Her immune system isnt normal, so when do I freak out & tylenol isnt enough?

ANYWHOOOOO.....

This is a GREAT website for your perusal & usage.

http://www.mommydocs.com/index.php

Practical Pediatric Information For Moms by Moms (And Doctors)
We are 2 Moms, 2 Docs, with 2 Husbands, 4 Children, 2 dogs & 2 silver minivans

PS - Doc called back & wants us in the office on Sunday morning if her fever is still there, because that would be day 3 of a temperature in a JRA child. Or what she called, a "not well child." UGH with the terminology.

2 comments:

Lori said...

I absolutely dislike fevers in kids - they are so scary, especially in Charlotte's case. Hope she feels better, all is okay, and you have a wonderful Mother's Day! You deserve it, for sure!

Lisa Milton said...

I hope you are all cozy at home right now, not off to the doctor's office.

(I can't imagine having to figure it out with a toddler. I can't figure out half the time what it means when my rheumatologist talks about what's just normal sickness and then my case. And when to panic I guess.)

Hope little Charlotte feels better; and you get some answers.

(Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.)