Emma & I saw CINDERELLA put on by Blue Monkey Theatre Group in December & I have been anxiously awaiting Robin Hood ever since they talked about it!
Swashbuckling ROBIN HOOD Opens Friday.
Use the link below to GET TICKETS NOW:
Top 10 Reasons you simply should NOT MISS Robin Hood:
(in no particular order)
2. MORE SWORDFIGHTS.
3. KENDALL WELLS. Take our word for it: this guy knows how to brandish a sword! He’s one of the best martial artists in town and is astounding as Robin Hood. Kendall, who won a 2007 Drammy Award for his fight choreography in Macbeth (Northwest Classical Theatre Company), is also Fight Director for the show.
4. WHIP FIGHTS. Just to mix things up a bit.
5. COREY BRUNISH. Need we say more? Well, what the heck... Corey is the first Equity guest artist to appear on the Blue Monkey stage. And according to Director Brian Allard, he and James Peppers (who plays the Bishop) are a "comedy dream."
6. MAID MARIAN. Don’t even try to "fence" her in! Played by Kristen Martz, this Sherwood Forest gal holds her own in the sword-fighting department, among other things.
7. ROMANCE. Amidst all that robbing from the rich to give to the poor, Robin Hood and his Merry Men manage to steal the odd kiss (or perhaps have it stolen from them!).
8. (Very) TALL MATT HAYNES AS LITTLE JOHN. Has an actor ever been born to play a role this much?
9. MEDIEVAL HABERDASHERY, HILARITY and other HIJINKS.
10. Did we mention SWORDFIGHTS?
WHAT: Robin Hood
WHEN: May 9-June 8 (Fri & Sat at 7 pm; Sun at 2 pm)
WHERE: West End Theater, 1220 SW Taylor
WHO: Everyone! Best for ages 5 and up.
TICKETS: $20 adults $16 students/seniors
Buy online at www.bluemonkeytheater.org (or use link below) https://www.ticketturtle.com/index.php?show=2635
Or call 503.593.2466